Subject: [Leica] IMG: Harry Lime!
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 22:11:14 -0700

This zither belonged to Anton Karas, the Viennese zither player who
wrote the music for "The Third Man," including the famous 'Harry Lime
Theme.'  It's not the actual instrument played in the film, but I'm sure
that Harry's theme was played on it many times.  Please, no jokes about
cuckoo clocks.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/35638309192/in/dateposted-public/>

The zither was in a very dark corner of a small, badly-lit room just
outside the main collection.

This was taken in the Kunsthistoriches Museum Wien's collection of
musical instruments, which has instruments dating from medieval times to
the near-present.  Blessedly, they allow photography as long as you
don't use flash or tripod.  I spent several hours there over two days
photographing everything I could, with special emphasis on the
woodwinds, and of course, bassoons.

--Peter