Subject: [Leica] ILFORD Pan 400
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 02:55:02 -0400

There is or was Ilford Delta 400 a tab grain film which is great. And Hp5 a
more traditional film.
I always use tab grain films they are twice as sharp and twice as fine grain
as traditional films.
One of the few films I never has any luck with was HP5. IN any developer
dilution combination, I ever tried it with.
Delta 400 with Xtol 1:3 will make people think you are shooting a 100 film
or slower.
Tri x has been reformulated since I last used it. I last used it in 1999 and
the tab grain films ?Neopan 1600 and 400? put it to shame.
I?ll never use it again. Another reason is the cloying adulates it gets on
internet chat lists from people who couldn?t find themselves in or out of a
darkroom.?
It was invented in 1955. Way past the golden age of black and white
photography so if you want that don?t use Tri x.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 7/2/17, 1:44 AM, "LUG on behalf of Dan Khong"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of dankhong
at gmail.com> wrote:

    Folks

    Has anyone got experience with this film? How does it compare to, say,
HP5
    and Tri-X?

    Thanks.

    Dan K.