Subject: [Leica] IMG: For Bird Feeder Enthusiasts
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 12:53:35 -0500

Since I first put up a suet feeder for the woodpeckers, I have been
frustrated by the swarms of starlings that are attracted, and who
quickly gobble up the feed.  I decided to frustrate the starlings.  I
first made a cardboard pattern, and then cut a shield from some scrap
aluminum flashing.  I suspended the feeder horizontally, with openings
only on the bottom plus a few spots on the sides.

The woodpeckers are able to cling to the bottom and feed, but the
starlings can't do this.  They can reach some areas on the sides, but
can no longer destroy the feeding block.  They are now very frustrated.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170529-DSCF2130.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA