Subject: [Leica] Astronomical images from Australia
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 00:28:19 +0100

Great stuff, Howard. You cannot beat really black sky. I went to Ile de
Reunion in the Indian Ocean, and the following year to Sabah in Borneo,
and the true black sky experience is utterly gobsmacking. The stars in
these dark and darkish areas are just quite incredible. Anybody limited
by earthbound ambitions should be forced to fully comprehend the majesty
of the firmament that surrounds us. That said, Ile de Reunion beats
Borneo into a cocked hat, so that's the trip that I'd recommend. Mind
you, if you like native dances with enthusiastic locals, mainly
pulchritudinous females, using very large logs to trap your feet as you
hop in and out of them, then Borneo is your man. However, Irish dancing
is great training to avoid these minor entrapments.

Douglas

--
Douglas
________