Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 23/4/2017: a truly uplifting experience
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 02:41:00 +0200

Yesterday was my last day in Copenhagen, and I spent part of it visiting a
wonderful event in the magnificent city hall of Copenhagen. It is part
exhibition, part event, about people who came to Denmark as refugees during
the past 50 years. A fuller description is here:
http://www.kit.dk/2016/index-ENGLISH.html. This afternoon we went to see the
exhibition and to meet some of the people depicted who were there to tell
their stories.

A lady from Iraq. She told us that things are worse today than under Saddam.
It was a dictarship then and it is a dictatorship now, but it is worse now
because of the Islamic fundamenalist elements:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-6L2b6D3/A

A wonderful man from Somaliland, in Denmark since 1973. I cannot remember
meeting a person as positive as this guy, ever:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8cgWQwW/A

A Vietnamese boat refugee, rescued by a a Danish merchant ship in 1975:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-6C9xTFk/A

Given that I too am not am not a native-born Dane, having come to this
wonderful place as a political refugee at the age of 11, this event really
resonated with me.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman