Subject: [Leica] new photo, a napping great gray owl
From: leehermann at mac.com (Lee K Hermann)
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 15:17:38 -0600

Good day, LUG.

It has been so long since I read the LUG and sent photos to be seen that I
have forgotten how it is done.   This must be one of the problems of getting
old.  Lately I have been reading the list.  This is in part that I developed
an interest in the Leica SL but it is unused as I have abandoned film and it
and my M?s and screw mount cameras sit holding down the floor of shelf.  So
far I love it even if it seems to have more controls and menus than any of
my old SLRs.  I have no SL lenses and have been using my M and R lenses.
These lenses seem to work very well, but someday I shall buy a new lens.

I have added a photograph to my gallery, Lee Hermann.

This photo was taken with the SL and a 400 mm f6.8 Telyt R, ISO 1600, using
a monopod.   The bird, a great gray owl, was seen as we were counting
migratory birds.  He seemed quite sleepy. I got to within 30 to 50 feet of
him.  He did not seem to want to open his eyes, which are large and yellow.
After the snaps, I left him to his nap.

The old 400mm lens seems to have worked pretty well, made in 1971.  I hope
that you will be able to find the photo in the gallery.

Lee

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] new photo, a napping great gray owl)
Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] new photo, a napping great gray owl)