Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers SonC
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:41:41 +0000

Pretty shot, even of the scientific name sounds like maybe someone hacked up
something in the garden.

So, I am wondering about the last part of the sentence.  Way back when I
first bought a digital camera with an EVF, I took a photo of some nicely
sunset lit power lines.  When I got them on the computer much to my
amazement I saw a hawk nicely perched on the top of the pole that I never
saw in the viewfinder.  Not the sole example.  I have many shots where I
found an insect, or some spider web in the photo that I  never saw through
the EVF.  I never would have missed them in the viewfinder of my R8 or my
Rollei SL-35.  So, my question is do you find that often?  Things that
appear on the computer that you did not see in the camera viewfinder?  I
have been looking at smaller cameras as I get older, as I do a lot of hiking
and it is starting to be a chore to carry around a full frame DSLR and the
lenses.  But I have not found a camera with a good enough EVF.  They are all
disturbing to me to look through.  Too artificial.  I have tried all the
Sony cameras, and even a few APC size.  Fuji has been the best by far.  The
absolute best so far has been the Leica Q, but no interchangeable lenses, or
even a fixed zoom, but that one looked very ?normal? to me.  Yet to try an
SL, but I am sure it will tip the scales way more than my current system.  I
need lighter if I am going to make this move.

Aram