Subject: [Leica] Great pictures, Jayanand
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 22:38:11 +0530

Larry,
Thanks for looking.

As for the people (as in animals, I might add!), I like eye contact, and
also like seeing the faces of my subjects, because that is where
expressions and emotions reside. The flip is that I do not, 99% of the
time, enjoy photographs of the backs of people. So both these reasons
conspire in my taking photographs straight on. But that is just me...YMMV.

As to not getting punched I live in the most street photograph friendly
city in the whole universe....as those Luggers who have come here and
accompanied me on the streets of Chennai will vouch for. It is really
easier than you think, if you know the local lingo and are quite natural
and open about why you are photographing on the streets, and involve them
in the process a bit. After that the first couple of shots they will pose
for you, after which they will just forget you are around.

Cheers
Jayanand

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:10 PM, Larry Zeitlin via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>