Subject: [Leica] People Photographs
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 22:21:00 +0530

Jim N, Philippe, Montie, Ric, Bharani, Alan, Aram Douglas B,
Thanks for looking - sorry for the delay, but I have been out in Mumbai the
last few days, stuck in meetings from breakfast to dinner (UGH!), so much
so, that though I had taken my Fuji kit with me, I did not take a single
photograph.

Philippe, I did use the joystick to select a focus point. I find it easier
to do that in the Fuji XT-2 than on the Nikon D500, because in the latter I
invariably use back button focus, which ties up the thumb pretty
comprehensively! I use shutter focus in the XT-2, which leaves the thumb
free to play away with the joystick!

Douglas, Yes, everyone is barefoot because footwear is not allowed in the
temple, and there are facilities outside the main gates to leave it safely.
In fact in our culture, it is customary not to enter anyone's house with
footwear that has been used in the dirt and dust of the streets, and remove
and leave it at the front door. It is not as painful as it sounds, as
because of the heat and humidity, a very large proportion of visitors will
be in slippers or sandals anyway. Most of us have a second set of footwear,
usually rubber flip flops that are for use solely inside the house!

Cheers
Jayanand