Subject: [Leica] IMG: Large Ant Hill of Medium-Sized Black Ants
From: stevebarbour at mac.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 14:34:09 -0800

> On Jan 15, 2017, at 1:38 PM, RicCarter <ric at cartersxrd.net> wrote:
>
> looks like fire ants
>
> the dry poison that they grab and carry downthe hole is effective but
> requires patience
>
> the liquid mix to make a gallon of pour is faster, but make syou hunt for
> the main hole and risks stings on your ankles
>
> they will NOT go away on their own

fyi Jim,  be careful, if you try to remove this yourself?.

the ants, especially if they are fire ants, don?t like it and they will
attack you.

(The toxin they make is related to that of bees.)   While in Arizona,  I
accidentally disturbed a small colony, wound up unconscious, with two rescue
squads attending me.

If you are bitten once and are allergic you can wind up unconscious, If you
are not allergic, and bitten multiple time  you may wind up unconscious, due
to hypotension.

with a colony this large, best you get a professional to get rid of it.

steve

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Large Ant Hill of Medium-Sized Black Ants)
Message from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] IMG: Large Ant Hill of Medium-Sized Black Ants)