Subject: [Leica] 90 Summicron (Canada): still front-focussing!
From: dstella1 at ameritech.net (DANTE STELLA)
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 09:53:52 -0500

Sorry for the backwards information; I read your email wrong the first time
and somehow concluded you were experiencing the usual back-focusing. Scotch
tape and varnish fix back-focusing, and they are primarily an accommodation.
The long-term fix is to change the master focus of the lens (i.e., the
position of the optical unit).

A little bit of front-focusing is necessary with that lens due to the focus
shift when you stop down. If you set the lens to be right on target at f/2,
it will back-focus for a couple of apertures.

Either DAG or John can fix it. DAG might be cheaper, but it could take
longer.

Dante