Subject: [Leica] Deconstructing Time's 2016 Person of the Year cover
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 15:43:11 -0000

Thanks for that link, Richard. Isn't it just a classic portrait?

Here's another deconstruction of the photograph from the Middle East.
http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.758226

Mind you, to me, the photo evokes one of those irascible tour busdrivers
that we used to get when I was involved with the Irish running team and we
were about to head off into the mountains from some foreign airport to get
to some race venue high in the hills. Just before we'd drive off and up some
terrifying twisty alpine pass, he'd turn around and give the contents of the
bus (us) a look like that, as if to say, "Are you all with me?".

In the case of Mr. Trumputin, the answer is probably "No" :-)

Douglas