Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 29/11/2016 (amendment): three joyful ladies
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 07:06:02 +0100

Depending on your perception, this image, taken during Tuesday night?s
dinner in Milan, is (a) a great work of art; (b) a complete failure; or (c)
an example of making lemonade when all you have is lemons. My own view leans
towards (c) but you be the judge. The woman on the left is Linda from the
Ministry of Culture in Latvia, and a great friend of ours, the one in the
middle is my German colleague Alexandra, and the one seated is a colleague
of Linda?s from the same Latvian ministry. When I reviewed the pictures in
Lightroom, my first instinct was to trash it. But as I looked at it, I
decided that despite its technical imperfections it depicted the joy of
seeing each other again so well that I decided instead to convert it to
monochrome (to focus on the emotion) and to live with the fuzziness. So here
you are:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-THXBTGZ/A

Cheers,
Nathan