Subject: [Leica] URL: How to collect photographs....
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 18:31:59 -0000

I think it's probably the latter, Ted, not that I'm excited myself. I'm too
old for that. I'm curious though, as I love photography and have visited
many collections.

I used to go to Paris Photo every year for the past few years and attend the
Sotheby's auction there too. Frequently, there were photographs on sale at
auction that might only appear once in your life for viewing, as they were
transitioning between one extremely private collection to yet another
extremely private collection - as is likely in the case of the Bowie one.
With Elton John's collection, I think it's very good of him to display his
images to the public to enjoy, and while I mightn't appreciate every image
he prizes as tastes differ, I'll be glad to avail of the opportunity to see
them. So fair dues to Reg!

Douglas