Subject: [Leica] IMG: Friday Flowers by Jupiter
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Photography)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 03:32:16 +0100

Very nice shot Jim, great rendition! At which aperture did you shoot it?

The two first digits on the serial No. of the Jupiter lenses indicate the
year they was manufactured, the best ones as Marc J. Small says on his book
are the lenses made up to the year 1960 or early 60?s, at that moment they
was still using the full stock of parts they take from Zeiss, and these
lenses was as good as the Zeiss ones, but not all, because the assembling
process was not so good as it was with Zeiss, for this reason sometimes when
you buy a Jupiter is like a lottery ?. on this case you was lucky!

Lluis