Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 1/11/2016: a day of mixed feelings
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 07:53:40 +0100

1st November is several things to me: it is All Saints Day, a public holiday
in Spain, so a day off; it is also my birthday; but unfortunately it is also
the day on which my father died 12 years ago. I am almost always in
Copenhagen on this date, and I honour his memory in a couple of ways. Of
course, I visit his grave:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-N74tqFM/A
(memo to self: the paint needs touching up, I must arrange someone to do it)

But I also remember my father in a more joyful way, by meeting two dear
friends who were of tremendous help to him during his difficult years after
my mother?s death. They are, like us, immigrants from Poland from the early
1970s, but they are a generation younger than my parents (although also
somewhat older than me?I was a child when I came, they were young adults).
They are now retired but full of energy, much of which they use as
volunteers on various project to benefit the aging and dwindling community
of Polish Jews in Denmark of the first generation. I met up with them for
lunch at Wagamama.

Marek:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-NrcpdmL/A

Marek & Tamara: