Subject: [Leica] Sunday Shot
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 17:12:49 -0000

Living here in Ireland, there's a dearth of superstition. The view through
Hollywood's lens of Ireland via the likes of Darby O'Gill and the Little
People, Finian's Rainbow and films of that ilk would have many simple sons
of the Stars'n'Stripes (Trump voters) thinking we're always chasing
leprechauns and pots of gold at the bottom of rainbows, but I gave that up
last year -  although I still buy the occasional lottery ticket :-)

However, we did give the feast of Samhain to the US, and you lot transformed
it into Hallowe'en and gave a more garish version back to us. As I type
this, the light is disappearing into the enveloping dusk. Soon the night
will be alive with hordes of deformed monstosities and our door will be
besieged with the neighbourhood's disguised children demanding Trick or
Treat. Unfortunately, gun ownership is illegal here :-)

On retirement, as someone who retired four years ago, I can tell you I'm
baffled as to where all my time goes, so forget about gravestones, enjoy the
experience, and I hope you produce many books of photography, and not just
the one of the Eastern Shore.

Douglas