Subject: [Leica] Why Pros in general and us mateurs do NOT or SHOULD NOT use Leica......
From: dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 19:46:51 +0800

LUGgers

First you encounter sensor problems, and now you encounter repair turn
around problems. I admire your patience, perseverance and loyalty.

I spoke with my local Leica repairman and he says that the sensor erosion
issue is all about fungus. Fungus, as you are all itching to know, thrives
on optical glass and more so at certain levels of humidity. We guys living
in the humid tropical zone got big time fungus problem if we do not look
after our lenses well. I guess they also love having a good time on sensor
glass.

I have no sensor problems with my Leica M cameras and that's because I use
film. I also have no sensor problems on my VLux4 and my DLux cameras
because they are all sealed in the factory. So I suspect that fungus like
high society expensive cameras and are waiting to charge into the sensor
area every time you change lenses. Just guessing only.

That is all that I have to say. Have a nice weekend folks.

Dan K.

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (chris williams) ([Leica] Why Pros in general and us mateurs do NOT or SHOULD NOT use Leica......)