Subject: [Leica] Fuji GFX 50S and Hasselblad X1D versus Leica S
From: davidhhching at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 00:38:11 +0700

As much as I am fascinated by the prospect of using a sensor of higher
resolution than Leica's S bodies in these two newer cameras, I keep
recalling the comparison by one popular blogger's comparison of the Leica SL
against Sony A7R2. The photographs of the former consistently had more
details than the later which had almost double the resolution.

Currently using the S2 with two native lenses, 70 and 120 as well as the
35,45,55,80, 120, 140 of adapted Contax 645, the sizes and SLR styled bodies
of the Fuji and Hassy is akin to these two other companies with long history
of producing medium format lenses very appealing indeed.

I also use the MF film bodies of FUJI GSW690III, GA645Zi, GA645Wi and GX680.
I find the lenses more than capable. The first 3 bodies are light and
auto-focuses. They pre-date the Leica S system. So is the new FUJI MF
digital a serious challenger to Leica

Coupled with EVF, it is almost like comparing the Leica M to Fuji X Pro
Series. Yet my own tests show that the output of the Fuji is pretty much
muddier. One might say that the resolution and size of the sensors are
rather different, I suspect it is more than just these two factors. Perhaps
the processing engines of Leica M and SL is superior.

Until one gets hold of an actual copy to compare, everything is pure
conjecture... Herein lies the fun and the quest.
Just booked the Leica S adapter L to use Leica S lenses on my SL body. Gonna
be real exciting!

Happy Shooting!

David Ching
Singapore