Subject: [Leica] How did 50mm become the "normal" lens for 35mm cameras?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 16:26:12 -0400

If I'm using not a wide and I'm shooting stuff which is wider than my lens I
shoot a number of shots over the area  left to right with the idea  of
merging them probably later. So in effect I'm getting a swing lens pan
though its a stitch.
So its getting wide without  making things look far away.
Like what you get in with a swing lens.
Its may way of thinking outside the box as I'm making my own multi box.