Subject: [Leica] Experimenting with the iPhone
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 15:41:18 -0500

> On Sep 20, 2016, at 3:20 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
> Well I actually never have either old a print from the Lug Gallery or a
> Facebook gallery. But my body of work grows as I get older and I ain't dead
> yet.   I have in my life sold prints to collectors and had shows in
> galleries.

Yes. I too have sold prints to collectors; had one man shows in galleries;
participated in group shows; and curated and judged museum shows.

In FACT my most recent ?art print? sale did actually come from someone
seeing a screen image on Facebook.

It was one of my IR photographs with the M8;
another camera which you?ve expressed disdain for.

;~)

As far as I?m concerned collectors will purchase for what ever reasons;
and not be limited by what they imagine the camera may have to do with it.

I?ve sold SX70 polaroid prints; both straight and manipulated.
I?ve sold 4x5 and 8x10 polaroid prints.
I?ve sold silver prints, inkjet prints, RC prints, silkscreen prints, stone
litho prints, prints from engraved metal and wood blocks; mono prints; and I
have no doubt if someone loved an image of mine made with an iPhone that I
could produce a gorgeous print from the file. It will of course have the
?look? of the tools used in the making; just like all the technologies which
have preceded the current technology: whether ambrotypes, daguerreotypes,
collodion prints, tintypes, the 1960s prints from extremely grainy 35 mm
negatives which many loved and bought, the gorgeous  12x20 contact print
that currently hangs in my living room, and two other living rooms of ?my
collectors?? that?s what I love about photography? no limits? however small?
however large? however ?alternative?? it all speaks to me? as long as the
creator has something interesting to say - visually and with a serious
interest in aesthetics.

fond regards,

George

http://www.imagist.com/blog