Subject: [Leica] IMG: Vuelta, the penultimate stage
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 18:10:50 +0200

On Saturday the Vuelta a Espa?a passed through one of the mountain passes
that I regularly climb, Puerto de Tudons. Except that they had to climb it
twice, once from each side, and also ride a further 500 m up to an air force
base on top of the Alto de Aitana, where I have never cycled because it is
normally closed to the public. It was the penultimate stage and the last one
in the mountains, so it was Chris Froome?s last chance to attack Quintana to
make up the 1 1/2 minute he was behind. Quintana repulsed all Froome?s
attacks and so won the Vuelta.

I went to the town of Relleu to see the cyclists descend from their first
pass through the Puerto, on a steep road that ended in a sharp curve. A good
place to watch them because they had to slow down sharply to negotiate the
turn. About 30 images are here, including many of the spectators, often just
as interesting as the sports folk. Where I could, I have identified the
riders in the captions:

http://www.greatpix.eu/La-Vuelta-in-Relleu/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman