Subject: [Leica] [OT] What can be done, Dr Ted?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 12:14:18 -0700

Hello Peter,
Sorry no I haven't heard of nor seen anything in print.
I believe this situation was rectified the other day? Or the last I saw on
TV news?? However, I could be wrong.
The problem we're having in Canada is our population within the "elders" is
growing faster than the Governments, provincial & Federal have not, nor are
they preparing accommodations fast enough for the 80-90 year olds? And where
you have a situation as this elderly couple being married for 62 years? And
due to the lack of accommodation they are going to separate them into
different care homes? Particularly when the old lad requires extra care?
How is this situation to be corrected? With hundreds upon hundreds of elders
coming along? And this type of couple are building monthly? Daily?
Given the numbers of facilities--rooms--beds-- medical requirements & staff
needed across Canada? I have no idea where the income to build it and train
staff would come from?
A tough question for the governments of the day? Federal & Provincial?
Dr. Ted Grant  O.C.