Subject: [Leica] IMGs: About those iphones
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 23:24:06 +0200

Just a couple of additional comments: I have an iPhone 4, being a dinosaur.
My wife and children have 6s, which is why I can opine on their image
quality. But either way, I find the phone handy for when I want to take a
picture and throw it on Facebook right away, like when I am out cycling?this
is just as much about letting the family know where I am than about the
photo. For that, the iPhone is brilliant. I would hate to rely on it for all
my photography. However, when we get together with friends for parties,
etc., I am the only one with a real camera. Everyone else is using their
phones. And I am talking about people over 50 here. For folks who are not
into photography as such, the smartphone has long ago replaced the camera as
the picture-taking tool.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>
YNWA

> On 25 Aug 2016, at 23:13, Tina Manley <tmanley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Holding the darn thing is the hardest for me.  I have the big iPhone 6 and
> it's still hard for me to hold steady.  Seeing it in bright light is a
> problem for me, too.
>
> Tina
>
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm not Nathan, but I will offer some that bother me.
>>
>> 1. Composing in bright light
>>
>> 2. Keeping my fingers out of the way of the lens
>>
>> 3. Keeping the camera (phone) level
>>
>> Jim Nichols
>> Tullahoma, TN USA
>>
>> On 8/25/2016 3:08 PM, George Lottermoser wrote:

>>> what do you see as the iPhone?s ?limitations?
>>> beyond the obvious
>>>
>>> 1) file size
>>> 2) no ?high ISO? for ?low light"

>>> http://www.imagist.com/blog