Subject: [Leica] NEW CAMERA??? LEICA SL.
From: jbmmllug at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:29:35 -0400
References: <0E87C739-1CF3-4202-AF5A-1471676E4D93@icloud.com> <CA+yJO1BVyR-=5=34G2rTMYhtL-W5c0wKzyZcbRKtSKYNi6D6Pg@mail.gmail.com> <D3D7B5D7.7972C%chris@chriscrawfordphoto.com> <57B243F5.3090904@hemenway.com> <CAFfkXxtr_J71oija+vVjaZg4fKbTDJaFjs92ExZn7=xmFwpgpg@mail.gmail.com> <67D18867-D95E-47D5-BE5E-92AB8B0443F3@icloud.com> <D7CE7BDF-F740-40EE-A52D-43C2DD4E3750@frozenlight.eu> <000601d1f998$3be602d0$b3b20870$@ca> <7FD10654-184F-4BC9-B2B1-00A21364B6AE@gmail.com>

The SL is an excellent camera.  It's biggish, and heavy, and its first
available system lens (the 24-90) is huge...   but the camera and lens
are both truly top-notch.  The SL is the only electronic-viewfinder
camera I've used in which I notice no lag between what's happening in
the world and the picture I see in the viewfinder.  It's like a bionic
SLR - you see what the lens and sensor are seeing, but it brightens up
your view in dim light, and can magnify to help with manual focus
(say, of your existing M lenses).  The autofocus lens made for the SL,
though, nails focus quickly and with shocking reliability.

I rented an SL (because it is quite expensive) to take these pictures:

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jbm0/sets/72157665752167155/

Aside from the size and weight issues, there are very few downsides to
the SL, and it's actually a superb camera for a photographer whose
eyes are no longer as good as they used to be at nailing focus.

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] NEW CAMERA??? LEICA SL.)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] NEW CAMERA??? LEICA SL.)
Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] NEW CAMERA??? LEICA SL.)
Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMGs: Little Free Libraries)