Subject: [Leica] IMG: Threatening Weather
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 11:20:27 -0500

Hi Ted,

This image doesn't have the long, straight lines that really illuminate
the problem.  I will see if I can find a better illustration.  Folks who
use Adobe software get the correction automatically when they convert
the RAW image.  I use Picture Window Pro, which does not apply the
correction automatically, so I apply a correction supplied by PTLens.
But, it appears that, in order to keep the price down, Fuji limited the
optical corrections and relied on Firmware to cleanup the distortion.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: Threatening Weather)