Subject: [Leica] Jimmie Walker
From: hlritter at twc.com (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 16:17:10 -0400

For LUGgers who may not be intimately familiar with astroimaging, I?d like
to point out that those images are not the work of a casual amateur. They
are not snapshots, but the equivalent of painstaking view-camera landscapes
followed by hours in the darkroom. The quality bespeaks considerable
experience, care, and post-processing talent, often or usually done by
combining multiple images, sometimes dozens, comprising total exposure times
of hours, often accumulated over a span of several nights at the telescope.
Jimmy?s name is well known in astroimaging circles, and until reading a note
about his PGA win on one of those sites this morning, I had no idea that
he?s a professional golfer as well.

As the work of an amateur (as opposed to the relatively few astroimages that
are made by professionals with observatory equipment these days), if they
were a golf game, they?d be in a Pro-Am tournament for sure. Jimmy?s the
Richard Man, even Ansel Adams, of the night sky!

?howard