Subject: [Leica] My beloved M9...... And all you folk with glass corrosion issues
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:31:10 -0700

Thanks for the very valid question... No, never been left in a car, etc..by
me.... I did buy it used .. its life before me is unknown....
but I have owned the camera for about 5 years... so I am not so sure that it
was a factor.....
When I asked Leica USA about the failure rate from this kind of problem, I
was told it was the second camera they had seen the problem.....

I feel so... Lucky(?) ... to be the winner of a one in  many thousand  ..

Excuse me.. I must go buy a Lottery Ticket!!!!!

I just KNOW I will be a winner again.....  ( or was that WHINER.?)

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Frank, with the nature of your camera's failure, it occurred to me to ask a
question.  Has your camera ever experienced high temperature conditions?
I'm thinking of what might happen to cement if it were left in a hot car for
a while, etc.  I'm not just being nosy, it might be a useful data point.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] My beloved M9...... And all you folk with glass corrosion issues)
Message from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] My beloved M9...... And all you folk with glass corrosion issues)