Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 20/7/2016: the swing
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:48:22 -0700

Hi Nathan,
Imagine what it was like in the film days and trying to capture golfer in
swing and ball?
It was always, or nearly so?
"OK do it again just in case?" "Yeah I know it's the second roll of 36
exposures, but the "SPORTS PAGE EDITOR SAID!" Don't come back unless you
have that kind of shot!" now I did say film! :-)
No there wasn't a portable darkroom you took along. You shot roll after roll
until the golfer became too tired to hit a ball or ticked off with you and
your damn camera. So if you were tagged for this assignment? Before you left
the newspaper you picked-up an extra 10 rolls "JUST IN CASE?"
These digital days and cameras with high speed motor drives? They shoot one
then look at the screen and "chimp the images!" Aaaaaahhhhh digital! :-)
Life is so easy!  :-)
cheers,
ted!