Subject: [Leica] IMG: Proboscises at Work
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:05:29 -0500

Hi Ted,

I don't have the gear nor the steady hands necessary to get that kind of
closeup.  In my humble opinion, it would require a baited flower and a
tripod setup with a close-focusing long lens. Getting a live butterfly
in that setup would be difficult, but a "pinned" insect would not have
the proboscis extended.

If I get a camera with more MP, perhaps I could do it with a crop.

You are a tough taskmaster! :-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA