Subject: [Leica] In the Subway with the M6
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:51:24 -0700

Tina offered:
>>Tired, old lady photographer<<

NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!  :-)

Not you my dear Lady! Oh you may have aches and pains on occasion, fair
enough! BUT?
Here is what will keep you going and always reaching for the camera one
more? OR? A dozen more times! :-)
Keep mobile! Walking or any kind of physical activity in comfort that you
can do. Or cope with!
You have told the crew many times about your gardening and harvesting that
you do? That's perfect but kind of slip into it easily.
Not to forget the prepping of foods for some of your meals throughout the
winter months.
You are a "DOER!" And yes you'll still get some aches and pains just to tick
you off some days! :-(
Modify it as age comes along and you will continue to enjoy the fun and
enjoyment of photography, if nothing more than shooting the farm activities.
Oh but you have a fine family and a young'n or two that will become your
constant ongoing models! :-)
Trust me the past few years of my life I let everything grind to a halt and
I became a mentally wretched physically old man who basically just wanted to
die without question!
Never ever in all my years while travelling the planet on assignments to all
kinds of events and countries was that ever an attitude!
It was always "think young, be young" and enjoy every waking moment
possible! OH yes at some events the worst aches and pains were hangovers!
:-) Not often, as I could never understand the sheer stupidity of it the
next day. :-(
Today my "Young mental & physical attitude" is returning. Here's my way of
returning to feel like I was 15 years. Instead of the 87 age in reality!
Just add the 8&7 together and allow yourself some wild and crazy thoughts &
I'm 15 years young again. :-) Trust me as long as you don't try to be 15yrs
you can rebuild yourself physically by gradually keeping the 15 age thought
with a smile and start doing the exercising.
I did twice a day sit-up's until Irene passed away! That created a
disposition of depression of doing nothing! I went from quite easily doing
80-100 situps twice a day with hardly any effort! Why that many? Well the
original 80 number for the sit-ups was to be an 80th self birthday gift and
to improve my over all well being. It took me 4 months and 2 weeks to reach
the goal. And I felt like a million dollars. Well I actually had reached the
100 sit-up mark two weeks before my 8oth birthday party. Why? Oh hell just
to see if I could!
Then everything stopped! Attitude being the biggest! Leaving one with
absolutely no drive to do anything. And it's all downhill from there!
HOWEVER? "ATTITUDE" is back in the saddle and it looks like the beginning of
a rebuilding is in place to return the "OLDMAN" :-( aaacccckkkk!
Back to the 15 year old mentally refreshed with some of the "PARA-jumping
attitude again!" :-)
I'm walking 3 mornings a week with a couple. He was a photo student many
years ago and dropped by one day to visit me with his new Bride and we got
talking about fitness and attitude. And the PLAN came together and off we
went! And I'm feeling a touch of the old "Kick-ass" attitude returning. So I
may once again pick-up my M8 and have a "shoot out in and around the
garden." if nowhere else! :-)
So now Tina my dear Lady, we'll not have any more of that "old lady
photographer Stuff!" :-)  thank you very much!  :-)
Always think positive & always young! :-)
cheers,
Dr.Ted Grant OC