Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Way to Snap a Butterfly
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 16:59:17 -0700

Hi Jim,
This is shot so well one would think they were looking at the real life
butterfly. So sharp and crisp with brilliant colours! And not an image on a
screen! Good on you!
cheers,
ted

> El 17 jul 2016, a les 20:34, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net> va
escriure:

> After seeing Moose's recent fly captures, I became interested in trying an
extension tube, though I don't have any of the modifying optics he has been
using.  My only extension tubes are M42, so I attached the 9.5mm tube to my
Takumar 135/3.5 lens.  The usable focusing range seemed to be approximately
2 - 5 feet, not bad for butterflies.  To get a few more MP, I used my Oly
E-510.  This gave me the equivalent of a 270/3.5 lens.

> This female Spicebush Swallowtail flew up and rested for about five
minutes on the greenery on my fence.  This was the only view and lighting
that I had available.  I tried focusing at several stops, and it was not too
difficult.  I suspect this was taken at f/8.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Spicebush+Swallowtail+Female.ti
f.html