Subject: [Leica] Summer Solstice Celebration in 1991
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 06:50:44 +0200

It is interesting how these Scandinavian traditions have migrated to parts
of Spain. Here in Alicante, this week is the biggest fiesta of the year, and
there are giant statues around the place, waiting to be burned tomorrow
evening. Tomorrow is also a public holiday here.

The fire tradition is very much part of the celebration in Denmark too:
http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/uploads/2015/28_37.jpg

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman