Subject: [Leica] Father's Day
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 20:36:52 -0400

The last thing my Dad said to me when he dropped me off at college was that
he would see me in two week because I was stupid and I was certain to flunk
out. I made this portrait  of him in 1966 when I was in Graduate school. He
was a brilliant engineer and a very successful executive. It is quite
probable that you are alive today because of his work with antibiotics and
vaccines. This, however, happened about eleven o?clock in the morning and
that was a bit late in the day to find him sober. i want to say to fellow
sufferers that I totally get it. I understand why you are standing by the
far corner of the grill with a quiet tear in your eye. I am holding you in
my heart. Those of you who have a problem with drugs or alcohol know it in
your heart even if you can?t yet admit to your self. I beg you to get your
self some help and put your relationships with those whom you love right.
Ask your self this. Fifty years from now do I want someone on Facebook
posting, ?Thanks for the pain, the anxiety, and the memories?? I love you
Dad, but you didn?t make it easy.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Dad.jpg.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/Dad.jpg.html>

Comments and Criticisms Welcome!