Subject: [Leica] M9 reliability question
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 22:33:17 -0700

If you can find one that has had the sensor replaced at that price, buy
it. The new sensor, per Leica, does NOT have any problems with "rot".
It has a completely different cover glass and adhesive.

If you wish to save even more money, buy one with the original sensor.
If it happens to ever show signs of delaminating, Leica will replace it
for free, no matter who owns the camera.
At a guess, I'd say the M9, ME and MM cameras which require replacement
is but a small percentage of the total number of cameras in use.

So buy one. All other aspects regarding the reliability of that version
of cameras are better than the M8, by an order of magnitude.

I fully expect to be using my M9 and MM for many more years.

Jay