Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Confrontation
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 18:49:52 -0400

This was a particularly conservative congregation of businessmen and, while
they said their comments were directed at the American government, not the
American people, I definitely felt that they resented America's
intervention in their lives.  They mentioned several times the Iranian Air
plane that was shot down by the US Navy.  They have been told and are
convinced that the officers who directed the shooting down of the plane
were given medals and promotions.  I've tried to find out about that but
can't find any information about medals or promotions.  That shooting down
of the plane came up in several of our discussions and I had to confess
that I was not that familiar with the details.  They were, though, at least
what they had been told.

Tina