Subject: [Leica] Yearbook sales
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:36:04 -0400

Two related points.

First, I agree fully with Frank Fillippone in his critique of the LUG
yearbook. While it is always once to see your pictures on a printed page,
what is being sold is a collection of unrelated photos by photographers of
varying quality. Lately the LUG has descended into a self admiration society
of a few photographers, not all of whom use Leicas. I am reluctant to pay
$100 for a book that my children will probably discard. A PDF version, with
an obligatory contribution to charity would be much preferred. Viewing
pictures on a screen is the norm today. If I desire I can blow it up to 27"
rather than seeing it in small size on a printed page. Go Frank go. I prefer
a PDF copy as well.

Second, I've found that downloading El Capitan is easy on both a MacPro
laptop and a MacAir. A number of updates have been made in the last year. Be
sure you are using the latest version. I currently have OS 10.11.15 running
on both machines. But El Capitan makes a major difference in how you use
your computer. Be sure to load it onto a partition on your disk so that you
can?erase?it if you don't like it. Frankly I prefer one of the older
systems, Snow Leopard (OS 10.6.8) for example