Subject: [Leica] KONOST CAMERA
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 12:54:50 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: LUG [mailto:lug-bounces+tedgrant=shaw.ca at leica-users.org] On Behalf
Of
Gerry Walden
Sent: April-04-16 11:44 AM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] KONOST CAMERA
<<<<<Lluis
One simple question - would you use one?<<<<<<<<
Hi Gerry,
I'm not answering for Lluis, but myself? (Dr.ted)

My first question wouldn't be "WOULD I USE ONE?"
It would be "HOW MUCH IS IT??????
That determined, and seen as an affordable price?
The next thing, given it's made to use LEICA "M-LENSES." I'd get my hands on
a body along with what M glass I have left?  I'd blast away a bunch of
images under all kinds of lighting conditions, time of day and indoor as
well. Go over these images with a fine sharp eye for quality, select some
for colour, as well B&W printing! Then make a buy? No buy? Decision?"

I wouldn't rely on the testing of another photog as we all perceive>>>
GOOD==BAD==UGLY<< quality aspects
differently.
Yes I'd rely on Lluis as well as a few other LUG photogs for their quality
assessment only because??? I'd have a few "LUG Champion Shooters" to compare
my test images with.
I put little faith in some of the LEICA appointed testers. WHY? Well me old
son I've probably used LEICA's longer than some of these testers have been
out of the womb! Besides would you say anything negative about a camera you
were given for free?
It may well be the camera to save LEICA'S butt end given they're loosing a
large chunk of the retail market.
I believe it's worth giving it a try.
"What think you Gerry?" :-)
cheers,