Subject: [Leica] SL Lens Jammed
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 14:47:38 -0700

As a quote from LenRentals.....

"as you zoom the lens the various elements move in a rather complex dance."
To wit, that is the area that the current problem seems to be associated
with.....

I guess, in a way there is nothing to lose by trying to fix it yourself, as
you are on location....
And Tom is an Engineer.....  although his specialty is not teeny tiny
screws....
And Tools should be pretty easy to find.....or borrow.... if you are in a
big city......
And you do have at least a partial disassembly plan... with pictures....
although who knows if the pictures or proceedure are complete....
And I doubt Leica Germany  or US will ship you a temporary replacement lens
to Iran... but it would not hurt trying....
????????

I thought you brought your M-whatever for this possible eventuality?

Turn negatives into challenges and do what you do best... an M for
photography.

Frank Filippone

Replies: Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] SL Lens Jammed)
Message from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] SL Lens Jammed)