Subject: [Leica] Sunday NYT Cuba photos
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:44:54 -0400

Some of you will recall that I posted a query to LUG and MUG asking why the
New York Times did not credit the photographer behind the large, full-color
photo spread on Cuba in last Sunday's Times. I received several possible
explanations. One of them was correct.

Today I received this very prompt and surprisingly direct and forthcoming
answer to my query. The deeper explanation I can imagine is that the
photographer was working at or beyond the margins of what he was or would be
permitted to do by the regime and wanted to avoid persecution (if a Cuban
citizen) or being barred from entering the country in the future.

?howard

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Sunday NYT Cuba photos)