Subject: [Leica] My portraits of oil workers homes in Slate
From: al.crouch at earthlink.net (al crouch)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 14:21:53 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Very familiar scenes (except for the snow).  Our local newspaper has run
several photo essays of the plight of oil country workers in the Eagle Ford
shale fields in South Texas.  The downturn in oil  prices have driven many
merchants and entrepreneurs in that area out of business.  Quite a change
from a couple of years ago when  there  was a scramble to find housing and
support in the small towns there.  I suspect the same decline will be
experienced in North Dakota
and hope you can stay with the project and document the downside of that
boom.