Subject: [Leica] travel luggage question
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:55:31 -0500

In most cases you are allowed 2 carry-ons - one considered a purse or
briefcase and one rolling bag (or camera bag) each.  Check the dimensions
for the airlines you are flying but the maximum size is usually 21".  If
you fly on a "cigar-tube" commuter plane, they may want to put your largest
carry-on under the plane as you board.  A very few airlines will only allow
one carry on but I find that a purse and a roll-on are still allowed.  You
might consider wearing a photo vest with lots of pockets and a waist belt
with room for tickets and book, etc.  Those are never counted as one of
your bags.

If you have ion batteries in your bag, it cannot go in checked luggage.

Hope this helps.  I'm packing now for Turkey and Iran!  We will have one
roll-on bag, one camera backpack, two waist belts, one Leica messenger bag,
my photo vest and no checked bags.

Tina