Subject: [Leica] Using LR..... Questions.....
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 14:21:36 -0500

Scenario #1 is what I do all the time.  I import photos to a portable hard
drive when I'm traveling, work on them, and then import them to my main
catalog when I get home.

Scenario #2 you would just import the photos from the hard drive into your
catalog.  The photos are never actually moved. They are just added to your
catalog in LR.  If you want to disconnect that hard drive but still view
your photos, you can tell LR to make Smart Previews which take up more room
on the hard drive where your catalog lives, but the photos are still not
moved.  They stay wherever they were when you accessed them.  You can load
LR on two separate computers with no problems.  The catalogs will be the
same.  If you want to use more than two computers (when you travel maybe) ,
you can sign out on one computer and sign in on another one.  The program
is not removed or changed.  Sign back in when you have finished using the
third or forth computer.

Hope this helps.

Tina