Subject: [Leica] Solar Power
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:33:37 -0800

We could have also purchased capacitors to store the energy for future use.
It was very expensive so we opted not to do this.

Basically if we don't use the energy during the day, it is sold back to the
power company at a much lower rate than what it costs: i.e., we get
screwed.  Our installer did the measurements/calcs to determine our needs
(past bills), the area we needed to install to meet the needs, and the
resulting break even point. Looks like he did a great job!

Best,
Bob

PS-Capacitors may be worth the cost if you have an electric car...