Subject: [Leica] OT Nikon/Leica
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 15:43:22 -0800

Steve.... the focal plane register ( the distance from the lens "center" to
the focal plane) is not compatible with infinity focus using Leica M lenses
on a Nikon SLR of any vintage.

For close ups (macros),  you will be pretty close to make this combination
work....but given that you are trying to do macro work, you have a fighting
chance....

For R lenses, a different story....   Yes, you can use certain flange swaps
( remove the Leica R flange and replace with a Nikon Flange) that offer
focus confirmation.  Look on EBay for sources....
Or Leitax may have something....

Leica R lenses have a LONGER focal plane register than Nikon  ( I think the
difference is 0.5mm).....You CAN change the lens flange and get to
infinity.....

The Sony Alpha cameras ( like in A7) have an even shorter focal plane
register than the M lenses... which is why you can use M lenses on a A7 body
and get to infinity....
You may want to try your Sony body to get through the lens focusing with M
lenses.....  ( I think you have a A7r.....?)

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

When using Leica lenses (manual focus) on a Nikon D 810, is there a way,
even a hack, to get audible focus confirmation, a beep, along with the green
light,  when focus is achieved ?

many thanks,

steve