Subject: [Leica] IMGS: New and Old Lenses
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:35:11 -0500

John,

I realize that you don't like me for some reason.  The new Monochrom is the
M246 with the EVF and focus assist which helped me focus all of my old
lenses on the M240.  I am excited about getting it because I will be able
to use my old lenses for B&W again.  I probably will take the Summilux but
I used the Noctilux almost exclusively for 30 years.

http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/
http://tinamanley.photoshelter.com/gallery/Honduras/G0000KydzZ6nRgds/

I love the depth of field of the Noctilux wide open (higher ISOs don't
solve this).  I have great difficulty focusing the Noctilux wide open these
days, even with the EVF so I'm probably going with the next-best Summilux.
My ideal camera would be one that would automatically focus the Noctilux.
There is no such camera.  How can you not understand this??!!  I am old and
tired and my eyes don't work the way they used to when I traveled all over
the world with the Noctilux and the Summilux, but I'm not ready to give up
yet.  I'm looking for solutions.  I think I have found a few I can work
with.  If you don't understand that, I hope you have 20/20 vision for the
rest of your life!!

Tina

--
Tina Manley