Subject: [Leica] Corroded M9 upgrade
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:08:31 -0500

Yo, Tina!

I just got off the phone with Leica in New Jersey. The gist of the
conversation follows.

Me: ?I?m the owner of an M9 that?s been found to have sensor corrosion.?

Leica: ?You can sent it in for repair and that will cut the lead time from 4
months to 2 months.?

Me (tentatively): ?I understand there?s an upgrade path??

Leica: ?If your camera is found to have sensor corrosion, you?ll be offered
an upgrade to one of 4 cameras.

Me (...4 cameras? FOUR?? Fingers crossed.): ?Is the Monochrome 246 one of
them??

Leica: ?Yes. You say you have an M9??

Me: ?Yes.:

Leica: ?You can upgrade to the 246 for $3950.?

Me: ?It?ll be in FedEx?s hands tomorrow, and thank you very much!?

?howard

Replies: Reply from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] Corroded M9 upgrade)
Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] Corroded M9 upgrade)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Corroded M9 upgrade)