Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Tests with MM and M246
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 18:03:48 -0500

Tina?

An M has no way to sense what aperture the lens is set to. There?s no
mechanical or electronic link from the aperture to the camera. The camera
reads the 6-bit coding to know what model the lens is, and the cam gives
focus information to the camera, but that?s it.

I saw the aperture reported in the EXIF for your Beard?s Bread image on
Pbase, but unless that was manually entered, I can?t imagine where it comes
from.

Have you seen LR, PS, or any other program appear to be reporting aperture
in the EXIF of an image made with an M?

?howard

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMGS: Tests with MM and M246)