Subject: [Leica] IMG: Storm Surge
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 22:41:09 -0000

Bob, I opened it eventually after a 30 minute wait at least, and I can't
tell you how long for definite, as timing meant I had to go out to do my
wine society's stock take with the rest of the committee which strangely
enough should be photogenic, but isn't, as I forgot to take a camera. All I
know is, after cooking and eating dinner, I walk in and see it finally open,
and it was worth the wait. That said my judgement may be clouded by the
aftermath of half a bottle of  St. Julien ('03 Clos du Marquis), and a glass
of Sauternes, but I'll deny it in court.

Great picture which reminds me of the full power of the Atlantic hitting the
surfing beaches of Co. Sligo here. My eldest surfs in winter, and, as a
former year round swimmer myself, the thought of him out there in those
waves frightens the sh*** out of me.

Douglas