Subject: [Leica] Leica SL
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 21:31:39 +0530

Tina,
I am sure any digital camera body in the market will more than satisfy any
of us, as far as results go, if only we take the trouble of learning to
master the inevitable quirks of handling. Both the Nikon and Fuji systems
are pretty much instinctive, as far as I am concerned, because I have
worked hard at making it so. Why should the SL be any different?

My problem with the system is the native lens line up, which is pathetic,
both now and the crumbs they are throwing at us in the near future. From my
point of view, I cannot even begin to figure out what Leica were/are
smoking in releasing this system. I can afford to wait to see what the
future holds for the system as far as lenses go, and get into it as and
when the lens line up matures.  I do not fancy throwing the kind of $$$$ on
a camera body in order to use legacy lenses, or severely hobbled lenses
(the "T"lenses) on it. YMMV (which I know it does, and no argument with
that decision - to each his/her own!)

Cheers
Jayanand